Please watch the safety video below which covers various equipment found in shops including:
- Tables Saw
- Grinding Wheels
- Drill Press
Always wear safety glasses. There are several boxes of safety glasses within the makerspace. If you have any questions, please ask a member or pose the question on our Slack Messenger system.
Rules for welding:
In addition to the machine, you need to set up a work area with:
- Ventillation/exhaust fan
- Fire Extinguisher
- Welding curtain to keep everyone from being exposed to the bright arc flashes
- Welding helmet(auto-darkening are nice) with a #9 or darker shade
- Gloves and non-synthetic long sleeve clothes and all exposed skin to be covered up against UV.
- Cutting, Grinding, Wire Brushes: make sure cutting media is in good condition and avoid excessive pressure that could results in liberation of a grinding disc or wire from the brush.
- Worn brushes or grinding wheels should be discarded immediately
- Wear eye and face protection. Wear gloves
Use push sticks and the blade guard
Caution entanglement hazard